CYC2019 Guidelines for speakers
You can find the program code assigned to your presentation when logging into the .
Please be advised that by giving your talk you automatically agree to its online publication on the website.
- Any special requirements concerning visual aids should be addressed to the local organizers at well in advance of the conference;
- Invited oral presentations have 25 minutes for the talk and 5 minutes for questions and answers;
- Contributed oral presentations have 15 minutes for the talk and 5 minutes for questions and answers;
- A preview/testing area (also called “speaker ready room”) is available for speakers;
- Speakers must upload their presentation to the CYC2019 SPMS server following the instruction below;
- Use of individual laptops cannot be accommodated. The deadline for presentation upload is at 16:00 on the day before your talk;
- Accepted formats are Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe PDF.
- Movies for the talk can be uploaded using the original file name under the File Type Talk Movies.
- Note that the computers used for the presentations will be PCs running Windows. There will be no possibility for authors to use their own computers and if this will cause you problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- 16:9 presentations will be allowed.
- Please note that with 4:3 presentations there will be black columns on each side of the screen.
Before the conference starts
- Please upload your electronic presentation to the CYC2019 SPMS server as early as possible but at the latest by 16:00 on the day before the presentation.
- The slides for the talk have the paper's program code too, but get “_talk” as additional qualifier and then uploaded in the same way as for papers through your CYC2019 profile.
- Example for paper code MOB01, the file name(s) should be: MOB01_talk.pptx (or ppt, pps, ppsx, pdf).
At the conference
- Those speakers who have not uploaded their files in advance should either upload at the venue, or deliver them (PowerPoint, PDF) to the Preview/Testing Area at least one day in advance.
- The presentations can be checked and uploaded to the CYC2019 SPMS server.
- Before your session, please check that everything has been loaded correctly.
- Slides that have been successfully captured will be published via the conference website on the day of the presentation.
Official opening hours of the preview/testing area (speaker ready room):
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 12:00
During the presentation
- In the main venue, the AV technician will assist you with your presentation.
- Please contact them just before the session in which your talk starts.
- The slides will be shown on a comfort monitor in front of the venue off centre to the stage with the podium.
- You will be provided with a Perfect Cue clicker (slide advancer and laser pointer) to move through your slides.